Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Prevention

• Please log in to reply

Berocca

Berocca

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
To prevent Malware on my PCs and Laptops I downloaded the recommendations made on Geeks to Go some years back and have updated them as required over time.

I recall that there used to be a section on Geeks to Go, where recommendations were made as to what to download to protect your computer. At the time Geeks to Go suhhested:

AVG
Spybot
Ad-Aware SE Personal

I am having trouble with AVG being too slow, updates for Ad-Aware SE are no longer available and am having problems with updating the latest version of Spybot.

I have searched and just cannot find anywhere on Geeks to Go as to the recommended free Malware protection downloads (that is for Virus software, Spyware, Ad- Aware etc).

What does Geeks to Go curently suggest in 2009?

Edited by Berocca, 22 April 2009 - 09:56 AM.

Advertisements