Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

random , strange, start up audio ? /

• Please log in to reply

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi all, ,
I have recently noticed a strange problem on my new fujitsu seimens Amilo xi3650 desktop replacement lappy.

Not all the time, but occassionally when i turn on my laptop in the morning it will boot up normally, but when the vista welcome audio starts, it will sometime stick on a note, and repeat it as fast as a machine gun, , like its stuck on one note and repeating it over and over in a loop.
Sometimes it will only last for a few, maybe 5 or 6 seconds, and then stops and normal start up continues, but occassionaly it will stick and the only thing that stops it is rebooting it by keeping my finger on the start button.
I have been on the fujitsu seimens Amilo forum to see if its a known issue but no one else seems to have had similar problems and as such, , no advice to give me.

It doesnt happen all the time, but has certainly become more frequent over the last week or so .
The laptop is only about 3 months old and apart from this issue its been fantastic, , its a real beast of a machine and i love it to bits, , its a shame that this is happening , , mind you,, there is one other little annoyance that doesnt trouble me that much , , when i play blu ray or standard dvd movies on it , occassionaly, the movie will freeze half way thru and i ussually end up ending the movie altogether, , dont know whats causing it, , but its very random in nature and doesnt happen all the time.

Any advice on either issue would be very much appreciated, , but particulary on the start up problem as i know having to constantly hard boot doesnt do the laptop any favours !

Many thanks, , kev

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
I've seen similar issues occasionally (but not with Fujitsu laptops) and most times it's caused by a sticking key/keys on the laptop. Most recently it happened on my Lenovo tablet - and being frustrated, I slapped the keyboard and it stopped (I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS as a troubleshooting technique!)

Try connecting another keyboard and then disable the built-in keyboard (and it's associated startup items). Then see if it fixes it (difficult with an intermittent problem tho').

Also, you can try opening notepad and try each key individually. Try light pressure, heavy pressure, and pressure off-center on each key. You may stumble upon the correct key this way. (it doesn't have to be one of the alpha-numeric keys, it can be the F keys of the other assorted function keys on the keyboard).

Edited by usasma, 28 April 2009 - 03:24 PM.

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi there, and thankyou for the reply,
I agree with you that giving aŁ1600 laptop a good slap is not the best idea , if it wasnt brand new i would probably consider it though

The notepad idea is a novel way of troubleshooting , a bit tedious, but may help to solve the problem but as we both know, its a very intermittent problem that i may very well have to just put up with.

Will give it a try though, ,thanks