Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp 530 is in trouble with vistas,i wont boot after successful reinstal

• Please log in to reply

tlamelo

tlamelo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i bought hp 530 notebook with vista home basic installed and i upgraded it to vista ultimate then it was fine.
then it slowed down and i thought why not reinstall vista ultimate to start are fresh then it start to load then stopped half way through as if it was corrupted thats what i believe then because im an amarture in computers i tried to install XP which refused because it can not find any installed harddrive.i removed the bios setup batterry also it only unset the time and date but nothing else the reason why i went to the battery is when my computer starts and emmidiately press F10 it gives me setup and ask me to enter setup key which i dont have and looks blanks without any other option when i press anywhere in the keyboard it does not respond but will respond when i press enter.ok so far vista failed after i tried to install many times and also xp whch gave an error message that no harddisk found.i looked for a new vista op i tried it , it reinstalled normally to the end it asked me of the admin name and password i entered then computer name i entered then it continued to check perfomance of the computer it did so then it rebooted which now game the problem i asked in the.when i press any key i reach a command line like it instruct me but i really bont know what to type there.if you know tell me please. Again when i press Esc it gives me 3 option of windows vista , windows NT/2000/XP,THEN COMMAND LINE, BUT WHITH THIS OPTIONS I AM BEING ASKED TO CHOOSE ONE OF THEM AND EDIT, or boot .for editing i dont kow when triying to boot it fails. this is what it says when i restart the computer.

booting 'windows vista'
acpi
vista loader 2.0.0

done!
fallback 1
find --set-root /bootmgr

error 17: file not found
booting 'windows NT/2000/XP'

fallback 2
find -- set-root /ntldr

error 17: file not found
booting 'Enter Command Line'

boot failed! Press any key to enter command line.

when i press any key it guives me this.

GRUB4DOS 0.4.2 (2007-03-02), Memory: 639k / 502M, CodeEnd: 0x4013C

[Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible completions of a device/filename. ESC at any time exits. ]

grub>

guys what should i do i tried to reinstall vista may time after completions of installing it goes back here. HELP ME. :) :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
This is quiet a mess.

i bought hp 530 notebook with vista home basic installed

Still under warranty?

Where did Vista Ultimate DVD come from?