Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battery issues

• Please log in to reply

loserchik

loserchik

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
I'm not exactly sure if this is exact place to post this but if not, I'm sorry.

I have a Dell Inspiron B130 and last year, the battery for some reason stopped charging so I had to keep it plugged. I'd only had that battery for a yr since I had to get the original one replaced. I called Dell and apparently your battery only has a yr warranty so I couldn't get a new one free of charge. Now I'm having an issue where my laptop will just shut down randomly. I'm not even sure if it's when I move it or not, it just shuts down. Sometimes when I restart it, I'll get a msg saying it shut itself down due to overheating but that's not true since I always have my laptop placed of a mat I bought for it specifically to control it's heating.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do other than just buying another battery. And if there's no other solution, where's a good place to go to get a new battery that won't be too costly. I really can't afford a new battery right now but if I need it, I'd rather get some suggestions first.

Advertisements