Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes file infomation query

• Please log in to reply

Ali1234

Ali1234

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi guys. If anyone could help me with my question, it would be greatly appreciated and I would be very grateful.
Heres the situation (more like a story I'm afraid):
I am trying to organise tracks from a recent recording I made. After a lot of work converting them all to MPEG-4 audio (takes up less space), I had to sort out their names and various info individually. I decided to do this via Itunes, because changing multiple file info has always been quite easy. So I did that, and then realised I should keep it in my Itunes music folder (I just cannot stand a messy Music folder). So I deleted the files from Itunes, moved the folder, and then re-imported the folder. But Oh No! All the files had gone back to their original name and lost all their original info! How does Itunes write the info to the file (is it something to do with ID3 tags (????)) and do I have to edit the file attributes via the windows properties window (I hope not as this windows gives very little options, and as I said I like a well labeled organised collection).
Any converting to another file form is not an option I'm afraid because space really is an issue for me.
Could anyone help? I'm gonna be doing this quite often and changing each file name individually and regulaly might finally cause me to lose my sanity.

Thanks for your time and effort

Ali

Edited by Ali1234, 13 May 2009 - 03:21 PM.

Advertisements