Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is Windows Integrity

• Please log in to reply

KeenLearner

KeenLearner

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi,

I have encounter this problem whereby suddenly a pop up came out saying that a program is not working. The title of this pop up is Windows Integrity. I have 2 options to choose from, one is debug program, another is close program.

However, when i clicked debug program( as i wanted to solve it) it came out another pop up saying that HostScan.exe needed security permission to carry on. Upon sighting, i immediately close the window afraid that it might be some kind of virus as i do not know what is HostScan.exe.

Can anyone tell me what is this Windows Integrity about and what is HostScan.exe for? Thank you.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Are you doing anything in particular, when the above happens?

KeenLearner

KeenLearner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Are you doing anything in particular, when the above happens?

Hello, yes i have mozilla firefox opened and only that was on.

the problem is that i open mozilla firefox, after leaving it there as the main window for 15mins, after i return back, the windows integrity showed up.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a OTListIt2 log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a OTListIt2 log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

KeenLearner

KeenLearner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
alright thanks broni!!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Sure thing :)