Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

You can also check your RAM with Memtest. Click on "Memtest Instructions" in my sig, and give us the results.

I did the test with memtest86+ too and and it was ok , they passed the test no errors ...

Can you explain why when i inserted the cd to write memtest and it started spining blues screen appeared with 0x100000F4 ... , can this be because of the hard ? :|

Edited by geekCell, 03 June 2009 - 07:18 PM.

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

0x100000F4

There is NO documentation on this error.
Please go to this directory:
C:\Windows\Minidump
Zip up the recent files from that directory, and attach the .zip archive to your next post.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
the blue screen appeared and then restart ... i attached the zip

Attached Files

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
I have identified your problem specifically:

0xC000009D, or STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, indicates defective or loose cabling, termination, or that the controller does not see the hard disk.

This is for the 2nd parameter of the BSOD error code.

Try going to Start -> Run -> chkdsk /r
If the computer wants to restart, allow it to. This process will take a long time, and DO NOT interrupt it.
Post the results.
Before you do this though, open up your case, and make sure that you are static safe. To do this, hold a non-painted metal surface of your case, with one hand, and work on your computer with another. Check for loose cabling, and make sure that everything is tight.

If your budget is around 240$, that is more than plenty for a new hard drive, if that is the problem.

Another common cause of this error message is defective hardware or failing RAM.

A virus infection can also cause this bug check.

Make sure that you have the latest Windows Service Pack.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

I have identified your problem specifically:

0xC000009D, or STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, indicates defective or loose cabling, termination, or that the controller does not see the hard disk.

This is for the 2nd parameter of the BSOD error code.

Try going to Start -> Run -> chkdsk /r
If the computer wants to restart, allow it to. This process will take a long time, and DO NOT interrupt it.
Post the results.
Before you do this though, open up your case, and make sure that you are static safe. To do this, hold a non-painted metal surface of your case, with one hand, and work on your computer with another. Check for loose cabling, and make sure that everything is tight.

If your budget is around 240$, that is more than plenty for a new hard drive, if that is the problem.

Another common cause of this error message is defective hardware or failing RAM.

A virus infection can also cause this bug check.

Make sure that you have the latest Windows Service Pack.

huh the odler hard drive had its IDE cable loose ... could this be the problem for all those blues screens?

Also i defragmented all the partitions ,now everything is neat :)

should i still run chkdsk /r ? and from where i don't have run in my start ...

When i use the program from wester digital and it finds bad sectors i have the option to repair them , but i says that i should make a backup because i might loose data

EDIT:Seems like blue screen (0x1000007A KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR) still appeared

Edited by geekCell, 04 June 2009 - 04:21 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

huh the odler hard drive had its IDE cable loose

Possibly.

You should run chkdsk /r
Go into Task Manager, and go to File, Run...
Type in: chkdsk /r
If you have to restart, then allow it.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

huh the odler hard drive had its IDE cable loose

Possibly.

You should run chkdsk /r
Go into Task Manager, and go to File, Run...
Type in: chkdsk /r
If you have to restart, then allow it.

did chkdsk /r on all partitions of the hard with bad sectors here is the result :

-on the partition with windows it found in the 4th stage : \SYSTEM~1\_RESTO~1\RP48\A0064280.msi. and replaced it

-on E in the 4th stage it found : \SYSTEM~1\_RESTO~2\RP126\A0028783.ini. and replaced it

-and on F it didn't find anything ... (F was done in windows didn't need to be restarted like the other two)

Now IF the blue screens still appear , can i still suspect the hard ? since i defragmented it and bad sectors are replaced (maybe i'm going to check if there still are bad sectors) and in active hard disk monitor everything seems fine ?

EDIT: BLUE SCREEN still appeared :| ,still 0x1000007A KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (at the bottom it said something like scrysors.sys ... , don't remember exactly what was before .sys)

Edited by geekCell, 05 June 2009 - 08:49 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

don't remember exactly what was before .sys)

This is important, please attach your 5 most recent minidumps.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
It seems that the partition with windows is fragmented again , even if i defragmented it .This is probably because of the blue screens right ?

The blue screen happened in a game as usual

Could this be because of the video card or motherboard and how can i test if they are ok ??i just hope not because the video card isn't that old and if i have to change the mother board that would be expensive since i have to change processor and ram :|

Attached the zip ...

Attached Files

Edited by geekCell, 06 June 2009 - 09:09 AM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Everything points to an error with disk hardware.

Now I would like you to check your RAM. Your mobo could cause this problem, but that is unlikely at this point. I don't see how the video card could cause this though.
Click on "Memtest Instructions" in my sig, and follow the directions. Post the results.

Advertisements

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Everything points to an error with disk hardware.

Now I would like you to check your RAM. Your mobo could cause this problem, but that is unlikely at this point. I don't see how the video card could cause this though.
Click on "Memtest Instructions" in my sig, and follow the directions. Post the results.

i should run 7 passes ?and pull out the all except 1? :| i did the test like only 2 times with windows memtest and once with memtest86+

I will try that ...

what about windows error ? or virus? even if i reinstalled windows and still ...

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Yes try the test as per the instructions.

This could be related to a virus, but it is not likely.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
i'm runing a test with my hard's specific program that i dl it from Western Digital site to see if there are still bad sectors left , should i repair them with the program if i find any ? the program has the option ... is it better than to do it with chkdsk ?

Edited by geekCell, 06 June 2009 - 03:44 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
You have already run chkdsk, so try repairing the bad sectors with WD's diagnostic, if it finds any.
Try running Memtest for 7 passes on each stick of RAM.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Seems that i could repair the bad sectors or so i says and then it showed me the test was passed , don't knpw if it did any good ... maybe i will roll it again to see if it still finds anything

I will do the memtest but that will take a bit of time ...