Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HiJackThis Log[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Hey Rusty!

I think it would serve you well to clean your registry!

*Please dowload: RegSeeker.
*Click on "Clean The Registry" in the left panel.
*Check all boxes (make sure the backup box in the lower left corner is selected!).
*After it runs, click "Select All" on the bottom, then right-click on any selected item in the window and select "Delete Selected Items".
*Click "Quit RegSeeker".

Now, open any of your installed programs, and make sure that everything opens ok. If so, reboot, then go back and run the RegSeeker again, do the same thing again if anything is found. When RegSeeker finds nothing else, then it's clean!

Advertisements

rusty38dei

rusty38dei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Thanks Banana..............This little proggy found like 1200 items
Everything seems to be still running too,,, programs i mean..........Thanks for all your help, you are a sweetie
Rusty

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
You're welcome! Wow, 1200 items??

You really need to try to find your XP disk, if that much was messed up in your registry!

MWav is showing the uninstaller for MyWay so it must be in add/remove programs.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and remove

My Way Speedbar

Then do this to clear those spyware items out of the registry:

Open Notepad, and copy everything in the code box below and paste it into a new notepad file. Change the "Save As Type" to "All Files". Save it as fixme.reg on your Desktop. Make sure there is NO blank line above "REGEDIT4"!

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\myway]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FunWebProducts]

Locate fixme.reg on your Desktop and double-click on it. When it asks if you want to merge with the registry, click YES.

And I think that is about all we're going to be able to do! Did you get my PM about setting Outlook to block spam mail?

rusty38dei

rusty38dei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
sorry it took me so long to get back to ya. I went to add and remove proggys and didnt see "My Way Speedbar".............and I did get your message about Outlook Express. Thanks again Banana you have been a HUGE help to me. My system seems to be running much faster than it has in a long long time too..... WOOOO HOOOOOO :tazz:

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
You're very welcome!! :tazz:

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.