Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ram memory

• Please log in to reply

Loke

Loke

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,

This question is a bit vague. I wish not a hundred percent correct answers, I wish if anyone can try their hand at a guess:) The conjecture has more parameters to take to assess comparatively around if I would make similar assessment.

I hold a computer around 2004, which I very rarely use but I think faihtful would appreciate to receive further contributions of this product.

The question I now, what kind of memory is most likely to work for a desktop computer around 2004?

Newer forms of products of this type are these backward compatible? However, in the fact that the very design and shapes are the same, if possible, if it can be different hence one more reason that I ask.

As I said, wishing not a full answer, but only an estimate based on more knowledge that is greater on these issues than is the case on my knowledge of this area.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

The question I now, what kind of memory is most likely to work for a desktop computer around 2004?

The kind that is supported by that computer's motherboard. Since you told us nothing of the computer, or the motherboard it uses, that's the best answer you will get. If you want more precises information, be more precise in yours. We need exact make and model number of the computer, or motherboard.

Or, to do the homework yourself, these popular RAM makers have auto-scanning and/or manual entry RAM wizards to help you determine which RAM is compatible with your motherboard. For manual entry, enter/select the PC or motherboard make and model number and the wizard will list compatible RAM.

Crucial - Memory Advisor
Corsair - Memory Configurator (manual data entry only)
GeIL - Memory Configurator (manual data entry only)
Kingston - Memory Search (manual data entry only)
Mushkin - Advisor
OCZ - Memory Configurator (manual data entry only)
Patriot - Memory Search (manual data entry only)
PNY - Memory Configurator (manual data entry only)
SuperTalent - Memory Finder (manual data entry only)

The following retailers have auto-scanners and manual wizards. They sell brand name and/or "house" brand (re-branded) RAM.

Newegg - Memory Configurator System Tool
MemoryStock - Upgrade Configurator
18004Memory? - Configurator

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts
Also add

4AllMemory Memory advisor (automatic and manual)
TigerDirect Manual only

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Also add...

Thanks 123 - I will add those to my canned text.