Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp pavillion laptop shutting down several times

• Please log in to reply

demonicangel

demonicangel

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
hey I have had my laptop for a year now, and only recently has it started acting up, I had noticed everytime i stepped out and left my laptop on when i came back itd be off and at start up a message saying unexpected error occurred or fatal error and windows had to shut down. So now i have had the privilige of seeing it in person, lol, im working on the pc and all of a sudden a blue screen pops up saying some error has occured and something about new installed software etc... cant really get to read all of it since its only there for a split second before the laptop shuts down. I havent installed any new software, except I think the IExplorer 8 upgrade thingy. if anyone can shed some light on this issue and help me get pass it id appreciate it very much thanks in advance.

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Go to the C:\Windows\Minidump directory.
Zip up the files there and upload them with your next post.
If they won't let you do it, copy them to the Desktop and try it again.
If there are no files there, post back and we'll look elsewhere.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
thanks, i have the zipped files, but im not sure how to upload them, I see an option here that says attachment editor, but nothing really there that helps with how to attache files to my reply.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
found it

Attached Files

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Over last 3 weeks, you have 3 errors indicating memory_corruption
The very last error (yesterday) comes from portcls.sys, which is Class Driver for Port/Miniport Devices.

I'd start with...
Run memtest: http://www.techspot....topic62524.html