Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Burning

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) :)

Advertisements

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Installed my "old" DVDRW into "E" drive and burned a CD. It p :) lays in my car - go figure!

FYI new DVDRW drive is a Memorex MRX-530L

:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It must be the other drive then that is causing the issue. That being the case:

Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
I'm starting to feel like a bad penny! In an effort to get the Memorex burner to produce CD's that will play in my car I called Memorex support. They had me delete all Nero files and also run a Nero general cleaning tool. After doing this, I now get a "blue screen" memory dump when I try to open WMP, i-Tunes or CD Burner XP.

Help, Please!!

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
This guy deserves some lashes....LOL

Zip some latest (after uninstalling Nero) dmp files, and upload them here.

BTW, Nero is another hog worth getting rid of.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Got rid of all my Nero and from yesterdays training session went into msconfig and disabled all in Startup and Service tab also checked Hide all Microsoft services and that got me back to where we ended last night.

On the phone with Memorex now and trying to install a firmware upgrade. It will not recognise the CD driver. Uninstalled the driver and rebooted and driver still not recognized for upgrade. I note when I right click on update it indicates that the update may be being blocked - OK to Unblock?

Driver was installed as CS not Master (CS was the setup this unit replaced) Memorex support is saying to change to driver to Master - will this really make any difference?

Thanks

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

OK to Unblock?

Sure it's.

What about those dmp files (zipped)?

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Sorry for the delay had to read through my notes.

Attached Files

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Half of the errors come from aswMon2.SYS, which is part of Avast.
The other half come from ntoskrnl.exe, which can indicate anything.
I'm not sure what's going on here.

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) :) :) :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Was I right about lashes for him? :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I see your Malware topic HERE
They will get you cleaned up if you indeed have a active infection.
Have patience as they are very busy.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
I am back! I have successfully completed "Geeks to Go" Malware boot camp requirements! I have also returned the Memorex DVD-RW and replaced it with a I/O Magic unit and installed it.

When I first tried to burn CD's on either unit I got the "blue screen" memory dump. I then went and did the "msconfig" instruction that included going to the Startuop tab and disabling all and then to the Service tab marking Hide all Microsoft Services and Disable All. Computer was the restarted and I have successfully burned a disc on both drives.

Question now is while it seems to be working what exactly have I done with this procedure? Is this msconfig something I will need to do everytime I add software or start the computer? :)