Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I-Tunes Determining Song Volume

• Please log in to reply

ollier

ollier

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi When I was burning a cd I used sound check on it. Ever since when I turn on I-Tunes is says "determining song volume" where it usually tell you the music playing. I have went into preferences and checked but sound check is off. I let it do 1700 of my songs as I read on other forums that it would only analyze if you had sound check turned to off. This is not the case as a lot of my songs have got quieter. What can I do? Have already tried installing the new version of I-Tunes but still doing the same?
thanks

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Make sure Itunes is not running. If it is, shut it down.

If you know how to navigate your computer... go to... C:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes and rename the Tunes.pref file to 1Tunes.pref. This will cause Itunes to recreate a new Tunes.pref file on next launch and reset itself back to default settings just like when you first installed Itunes. You will have to set all your preferences again. See if it helps you.

Edited by makai, 17 July 2009 - 02:01 AM.