Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ie problem using memory

• Please log in to reply

batryhak

batryhak

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
hi all, as a know very little about computers i have what seems to me a very major problem, whenever i use the internet the computer seems to open about a dozen other ie programs that i cant actually see but can hear ( prompts to get free emoticons or a wolf whistle or 'you may know me' etc), it seems to be using a lot of memory and whenever i try to close them using the task manager it just restarts them again.
as i have already said i am a bit dense with computer jargon and would appreciate a very easy to understand way of finding out if i have a virus.
hope to here from someone soon
Barry

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi mate and welcome to the site. It does sound like an infection, so kindly click here and follow the instructions.

Cheers

batryhak

batryhak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i did think of that but as i said i am a bit stupid when it comes to computers. anyway step one is fully completed ( even printed off the instructions ), but when i downloaded and tried to run the restore point it kept coming up with this programme has stopped working and had to close, i have tried it again several times but with the same outcome ( all replies to be in your best idiot proof language please )

Edited by batryhak, 10 July 2009 - 08:56 AM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You need to post your problems at malware forum, not here.

batryhak

batryhak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok thanks