Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

converting dgi files

• Please log in to reply

krazman

krazman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I had an old scanner (forget what brand it was) that saved everything in a .dgi format. I have since gotten rid of the old computer and the scanner. I still have the cd with all of the files on it. Currently, I'm looking for something in these old file but can't open them. I have searched the web and your site to find a way to convert the .dgi to a pdf or jpg file. No luck in either place. Any ideas?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
According to FILE EXTENSION source, there is no .dgi file format. Not saying it doesn't exist, but Google searches also indicate no such file extension. Are you sure of the extension name? Also, what are the sizes of these files?

Can you attach a small sample file to your next reply... has to be less than 500kbytes if you upload to GTG.

krazman

krazman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi and thanks for your time. I knew about this file ext not being listed (that would've been much too easy) that is why I turned to the pro's. I've attached one of the files that I'm trying to open.

I've tried with: word,vuepro,acrobat,pageviewer and photoshop.
I'm currently using an eMachine running xp home SP3 with AMD processor. If my memory serves me correctly the computer at the time these were made was running Win ME.

While trying to upload the file (86kb)it came back with the message "upload failed.You are not permitted to upload this type of file".

I am positive of the .DGI (in caps)extension on the files.

Thanks again

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Have you tried renaming one of the files to some other extension. Create a new folder on you desktop, copy one of the files and paste in the new folder, then rename the copy's extention to .jpg. Windows may grumble, but just allow it to see what happens. If you can then open the copy, you may have to just rename all the .dgi files. Something to try at least.

As for uploading on GTG, just zip the file, and upload the zip. Or you can go to Megaupload.com and upload the file there and then provide the download link Megaupload provides in your reply.

krazman

krazman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I did try the rename thing as one of the first things I did.

However I did find a solution to the problem in a round about way... Before I get rid of any computer I pull the hard drive and put it in filing cabinet drawer. Luckily I still had this old hard drive! I bought the Sabrent USB to IDE/ ATA (SATA) adapter & power supply. I found that the files were created with a Sharp AJ 5030 all-in-one. I went to sharpusa web site and they still had an active download for this program. After downloading, everything opened with their desktop document part of the program and it will allow me to convert files to a more usable format (bmp, tiff, jpg)

Thanks for your time and consideration but it seems that I gat the problem solved

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Well, I'm glad you got everything going. Amazing the internet didn't nail this .dgi extension. Good to know it was a Sharp. Back those puppies up after conversion!

Aloha,
makai

pheolix

pheolix

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the very same problem. There is no mistake about the extention it is "DGI". I have searched every where. I have hundreds of these files and I also would appreciate help of how to get them converted?

Jake845

Jake845

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Same problem here - I did not find the software on sharpusa.com, but krazman's last post was all I needed. Miraculously, I had backups of the original installation CD of my Sharp AJ 5030 all-in-one (plus later updates).   Ran that (ignoring the complaints about no scanner connected), and there is the DGI reader !   With conversion utilities !!     If you're still stuck; let me know and I'll send you the software.

Edited by Jake845, 12 May 2020 - 03:02 PM.