Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

extremely slow computer

• Please log in to reply

suckerbait

suckerbait

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a problem with a computer that has gotten slower and slower to boot up. I tried to get some help by going to a site on the web called geekstogo. I got a site that had a REGCURE program that was supposed to scan my computer for errors and fix them. After scanning and it found 1009 errors then I had to register and pay for fixing the errors. I decided to go with their cure and used Pay Pal to pay them. They had a special on for $29.97. I paid and they donloaded the RegCure program and it fixed my errors. However after turning off my computer and rebooting nothing had changed. It still took about five minutes for the computer to boot up. I called my grandson for help and he walked me through the internet and found that the geekstogo site I had used was not the same as this site. Their site charged my Pay Pal $39.94
for their program. Their site on the download was Paretologic. It further encumbers my computer with a logo icon and will scan my computer and find all these errors which it fixes and then nothing changes on the computer. This morning I used their scan again and it found 180 errors and it "fixed" them for no change in computer function.
However, now I can't get my email to work because a screen pops up saying I need my windows name and password which I don't know. I can get on the internet but just can't get the email account to work. Ah been slimed!
Suckerbait

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Hey everybody,

This is my grandpa, so be nice. :)

Hello Grandpa, I knew that you guys had downloaded stuff, but I'm not sure what. I think it may be a good idea for you to post a log in the malware removal forum, just to make sure.

1. Please follow the instructions HERE (http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html)

Edited by Cold Titanium, 20 August 2009 - 09:46 AM.