Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Did you know?

• Please log in to reply

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
The Pi memory champion is Hiroyoki Gotu, who memorised an amasing 42,000 digits.

I'm all about the math facts :)

Advertisements

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Not to change the subject, but you mathematicians are getting on my nerves... but did you know that Richard Nixon had a 5 o'clock shadow? He'd shave himself early in the morning and by mid-afternoon he'd have a full 'beard' again to show off to the American public. Norelco rules! Forgot to mention... Philips, a Dutch concern, owns Norelco. :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I don't have a random fact handy... but mpascal, us math geeks need to stick together :) :)

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Granted. But did you know that about Nixon. Or are you too young (which is NOT a crime) to know about that? Just wondering... :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I almost literally just turned 16. :)

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts

I don't have a random fact handy... but mpascal, us math geeks need to stick together :) :)

Math/CS geek for life :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.newsweek.com/id/132068

Did you know that ADIDAS and Puma were both once the same German company? It was run by two brothers Adolf (Adi) Dassler and Rudolf Dassler. Their bitter sibling rivalry was so great that eventually Rudolf left ADIDAS and started Puma. Their penchant for disagreement spread through the city where the factories were to such an extent that the city was socially divided between those who liked (and worked for) Puma and those who liked (and worked for) ADIDAS. This separation still exists today

Wander

Wander

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Palaeolithic (Old Stone Age), mesolithic (Middle Stone Age), neolithic (New Stone Age).

Palaeo from Greek 'palaios' - ancient

Meso from Greek 'mesos' - middle

Neo from Greek 'neos' - new

Lithic from Greek 'lithikos' - stone

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
According to Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, it is possible to go slower than light and faster than
light, but it is impossible to go the speed of light. Also, there is a particle called tackyon, which is supposed to go faster than light. This means if you fire a tackyon beam, it travels before you fire it. :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Also, there is a particle called tackyon, which is supposed to go faster than light. This means if you fire a tackyon beam, it travels before you fire it.

correction: it starts traveling before you can see it travel...the beam doesn't exist before it's generated (i.e. fired) so it can't be moving before it's started

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
First of all, it's spelled Tachyon... and second of all, no one's sure if they exist.

:)

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
One thing's for sure, I know I exist. After eating a couple of bowls of chili con carne, I'm firing off at speeds faster than light! :)

devendra3047

devendra3047

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
what i wanted everyone to about is----

Maternal death, or maternal mortality, also "obstetrical death" is the death of a woman during or shortly after a pregnancy. In 2000, the United Nations estimated global maternal mortality at 529,000, of which less than 1% occurred in the developed world. However, most of these deaths have been medically preventable for decades, because treatments to avoid such deaths have been well known since the 1950s.

Germando

Germando

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Did you know that smurfette is not really a smurf!!! She was created by Gargamale in episode 2 to infiltrate and spy on the smurfs and eventually lead him to them. :)

Thanks,

G

P.S.
Another math guy here. Actually double masters in Math and Physics. :)
Also, tachyons have been theorized for many years now. Multiverse theory is much more entertaining.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • 4,649 posts
I did not know that :)