Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New HP laptop, screen goes black/white/purple, eternal loading

• Please log in to reply

majortharmas

majortharmas

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well, I got a new laptop for my birthday http://www.newegg.co...=N82E1683414799 a link to it. I have only installed call of duty 4, fallout 3, all the windows and driver updates and mozilla, winrar. I have scanned several times with Norton and no viruses seem to be the cause. The screen going black happens after playing a game for a while, watching a movie after 20 or so minutes, or when I try to log into windows live on fallout 3. The screen also went white once, and purple another time. Another problem on this computer is when I start it up, log in, and the internet cable is plugged in the computer never stops loading. Everything appears to have loaded but mouse is still the little blue circle and I cannot click on anything. I have no idea if these two problems are related. The problems do not happen in safe mode, although when I ran dxdiag in safe mode the screen flashed black a few times then quit.

EDIT: when I plug the internet cable in after the computer is on, the loading problem doesnt happen, but the black screen still comes.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Edited by majortharmas, 04 September 2009 - 12:15 AM.

Advertisements

majortharmas

majortharmas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am system restoring to the day I got the computer. Let us hope this fixes the problem, if not then I know something is really wrong.

majortharmas

majortharmas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Nope, it didn't work. The computer is even worse now, and a 20 seconds or so after startup the screen goes purple. Is it time to return this computer or is it fixable?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
If it's under 30 days old, return it, if past 30 days, take advantage of the warranty.