Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xnk files

• Please log in to reply

silverute

silverute

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My c drive has been formatted and the computer dude was able to save some documents for me. Only problem is they were e-mails that I had saved in a folder and when he recovered them they now have .xnk extension. These are important documents and I was wondering if I could recover them so I can read them again.
I have Windows XP and I use Microsoft Office Outlook for my mail. I had to reload M/Soft office when I got my pc back.
Thanks in advance and fingers crossed.

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
XNK files are Exchange Public Folder Shortcuts. If you have Outlook 2003 or earlier you shouldn't have a problem opening them. However, xnk files are not directly supported in Outlook 2007.

To open an XNK file double-click on it and let your PC decide which default application should open the file. You can convert the file by opening the XNK file in its native program and choose to save the open file as another file format.

Make sure that the files are backed up first, just in case something unexpectedly goes wrong in the process.