Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Apt-Get problem on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn 7.04

• Please log in to reply

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Hello. At home i have a pc that acts as a mail server and has GNU/Linux Ubuntu Fesity Fawn 7.04 which was installed on mid 2007.
Today i decided to install mysql on it and, as i always do, tryed use apt-get to do the job.

The problem i came across that i get 404 Not Found from every address apt-get tries to download the .deb files.
I also tryed to manually download the .deb files from http://packages.ubuntu.com but my distribution doesn't appear on the list.

By all this i guess my distribution is no longer supported, right?.
So, which Ubuntu distribution should i download packages from (in this case, MySQL server) so i could install them on Fesity Fawn?.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Advertisements

Gaming4JC

Gaming4JC

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I see this is an older topic, but I have found some information which will resolve your issue.
Any version prior to 7.10 is EOL (End of Life) meaning it is no longer supported.
You will need to do a multi-step upgrade which is defined here:
https://help.ubuntu....Upgrades/Feisty

Once you've gotten Gusty, you should be able to go to Hardy, Ibex, and all the way to Jaunty.
Or you could just backup important software and install a fresh 9.04.
Either way hope this helps... :)