Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Infection - Name/Type Unknown

• Please log in to reply

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
Interesting???

So there is no folder on the desktop under that name? Maybe hidden?

Try enabling hidden files/folders. See here if not sure how.

Also, check for this file;

C:\Windows\system32\58Cgh0aQ.exe

If found you can remove it.

Advertisements

Brock84

Brock84

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hidden folders was enabled following the directions in the link...And there is no file under that name in the system32 folder either......Wierd....

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
Well okay, then I guess we need not worry about them. Could have been removed at some point?

So, the only issue left being Java? Anything else. You said you've been having issues with Java for some time now right? I'll look into it a bit.

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
Not sure if any help but take a look through the following link for your Java issue.

http://raoulteeuwen....ava-solved.html

Brock84

Brock84

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yep if my comp is showing clean then I guess that's it besides the java...I went to that site and tried to find the offline installer as she suggested but when I click on the application data folder it says access denied.

Could TM have moved those files somewhere? I dunno. I guess I'll just go ahead and delete the TM and see what happens even though it says those files will be released.

I've had problems with sites telling me my browser isn't java enabled and many other errors....When I tried to go into tools/advanced tab to enable my browser, I had no "Java (Sun)" listed to check like the directions said. According to the Java website I have the latest version installed fuller....But the "applet" in the test doesn't show, therefore, they say there's a problem with it.

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
Yes, sorry, the file path would be different as you have Vista. Would be users/appdata/locallow......ect....

Instead of me grasping at straws here as I'm not sure what to advise, I suggest you post this issue over at the Windows forum and they should be more help than I. Tell them you were here and give a link so they can have some history on this.

http://www.geekstogo...dows-7-f79.html

You should clean up the tools we've run.

Run OTL and click on the cleanup button. It will clean up after itself.

You should also clear out your old restore points and set a fresh one.

That is covered in the following link if you're not sure how. Basically you just turn it off, then back on again to clear out the old ones, making sure to set a fresh new one.

http://www.bleepingc...143.html#delete

Let me know how you make out over there as I'm curious.

Brock84

Brock84

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Cleanup and System restore done! Thank you so much. I will head over to the windows forum to post now.

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
:)