Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't remove Trojan

• Please log in to reply

amaiandra

amaiandra

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help!!!!!

I recently (and stupidly) got a virus on my computer that we have been trying everything to fix but to no avail. We even reinstalled everything. It was still there. A couple of days ago the hidden folder it was in was found and removed. As far as I know the scan was clean after that. Thinking my computer was safe, I went about my business.

Then this afternoon my AVG scan told me it was STILL there. I have since logged into personal accounts online, thinking it was gone. But at some point that I wasn't aware of, it was there, which means that now my personal info has been compromised. :)

I do not know how to find a log, but this is the results of the scan:

Object name: G:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-57989841-1767777339-682003330-500\Dg121.rar
Detection name: Trojan horse PSW.Generic6.DLR
Object type: file
SDK Type: Core
Result: Infected

Object name: G:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-57989841-1767777339-682003330-500\Dg121.rar:\Windows Media Player 12 (English) + WGA Pass\Windows Media Player 12.exe
Detection name: Trojan horse PSW.Generic6.DLR
Object type: file
SDK Type: Core
Result: Infected

This is the page where the download came from:
http://thepiratebay....__WGA_Pass_2008

I don't know too much about downloads, though I realize this was totally unavoidable since I saw after the fact that it said ON THE PAGE I got it from that it was a virus. Yes, I'm that dumb apparently. In any case, I need help trying to figure out how to get this thing off my system permanently. I've read things about it that say it uses spyware to get bank info. Thus my giant concern.

Thanks.

Advertisements