Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Restart and Freezage

• Please log in to reply

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
so you still think its my psu? I should get a new one? i suppose a couple more fans wont hurt eh? I mean i do have some extra cash laying around

Advertisements

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
You never did list all your components, so it could still be considered argueable but you sure aren't going to hurt yourself by getting a bigger and better PSU. My suspicion is that this is what ails you and I don't think I'm alone, but I can't say this with absolute certainty either.

:tazz:

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
so wut psu u recomend??money is not limited

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
You've got a lot of good options and I'd say you ought to buy 450W as a minimum. Antec, Enermax, OCZ, Vantec, Thermaltake, Cooler Master, Ultra X, Aspire - just don't buy the cheapest thing you see and make sure you get decent amperage ratings on the individual rails. All of the above are quality manufacturers so you're not going to get burned with any of them.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
If hes running 3 sticks of ram he may need to slacken the timing on them.Even if there set to auto in the bios

It would be nice to know what mobo it is :tazz:

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
its a Asus k8v se deluxe ... :tazz: wut u mean slacken the toming on them ?

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

ancelot,Jun 2 2005, 10:22 PM]its a Asus k8v se deluxe ... :tazz: wut u mean slacken the toming on them ?

View Post

OK its a socket 754 so the motherboard is mostlikely dropping it to ddr333 when running 3 sticks of double sided memory (2 banks on one dimm)

do you know what brand and speed the memory is?

Also you could try pulling one stick of memory out and see if that helps

Edited by OneCool, 03 June 2005 - 01:06 PM.

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Yes the two 512 mb are rosewill and the other 512 is apacer. I took the apacer out and it doesnt do the restarting AS MUCH. BTW is a socket 754 motherboard good?

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Thats a great motherboard...dont think thats the problem :tazz:

Even after pulling the Apacer out you still have a rebooting problem?

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Yes i do it doesnt do it as much tho. I am starting to think its really my psu.... i was lookin at this one

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817148012

O and these to go along for my CAL matches :tazz:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...5780940407&rd=1

Advertisements

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Helllo...anyone there LOL? Well is it my psu cuz with my new 6609gt its doing it a lot more now.My CS is also crashing What the...?

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
The psu was what I thought was the problem from the beginning but as Rockster2u stated there is no absolute certainty.

Rick

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Guys I fixed it . I called a real Compter Tech. and He told me to adjsut these Settings. My Computer>right click. properties>Hardware>Device manager>IDA ATA/ATAPI COntrollers/adjust Primary and Secondary Channels to?advanced Settings PIO Only under transfar mode SO IT hasnt restarted in one week and i had the comp on 50 percent of the time so it runs great now!. Im thinking about gettings a 3700+ AMD processor now for my 754 Motherboard..... THX LATER

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
Nice fix from a "real computer tech" - guess he/she also told you its used as a "last resort" when driver or software issues cause problems with Ultra DMA accesses. Congratulations - As an aside, you may want to do some reading re: PIO to find out what you have just accomplished.

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
He sed it would change the way something would communicate with the motherboard???W.e that means