Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen/Can't ReInstall Windows/Please help!

• Please log in to reply

Starsburnfyre

Starsburnfyre

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. I'm hoping someone here can help. My mother purchased a Dell Inspiron not too long ago. My father decided to use it for ..Let's just say downloading of adult websites/etc. When using it one day he basically broke my mothers computer. He won't tell me what he went to or what he clicked to get it to where it's at now, he only tells me he kept "pressing buttons". As of now, I turn her computer on and I get the blue screen of death. It will look like Windows Vista is about to load, but it turns right to the Blue Screen. I tried prompting the laptop to boot from the CD Rom so that I could reinstall Windows. This does not work. Instead it sounds like it's eating the CD. And of course, the blue screen pops up. I'm wondering, if I were to buy and have someone install either a new motherboard, Processor, or something (as in...you tell me what might help) to fix this. I feel bad because it was not his, it was my mothers and now she's out of a computer because my father had to go find his adult websites, etc on HER computer. Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!

J

Advertisements