Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory !

• Please log in to reply

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Runner:

Since your online, can you please look at this SNAPSHOT and tell me how I should handle this SPYware??

You'll understand what I mean when you look at it.

I am SOOOO sorry, I keep forgetting to UPLOAD, too FUNNY !!!
:) :)

Edited by simplee55, 06 December 2009 - 04:09 PM.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
what snapshot?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) Snapshot :)

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Guys:

OK, I don't understand what happened to my UPLOAD.

After receiving your E-mail Runner, I came here and saw that I forgot to UPLOAD the Ad-Aware SNAPSHOT, and then I uploaded it, what happened to it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
When you browsed to click on the file did you then click the Upload button? Did you get the message the attachment was successful?

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
YES to all the above.

After the UPLOAD was completed, it showed my topic and the Snapshot was there. As I stated the 1st time, I truly forgot to do the upload, but the 2nd time, it should still be there. I don't understand.

I can't upload that snapshot right now because I'm having issues with Avast. What I wanted you two to see was, after I did the FULL SCAN and it showed the results because of MyWebSearch, I wanted the both of you to see if I needed to DELETE, IGNORE or QUARANTINE that list because those are the options that the Client gives.

Changing the subject:

After we put the Memory in, will I be good as far as my Hard Drive space, or should that be replaced as well. I mean, is that as pressing as the Memory issue??

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Memory should be fine once that is installed. Any virtual memory errors will be gone at that point and should not return. Hard drive space is something that you will have to decide on. You had plenty of Hard drive space from the beginning and i just rechecked the log. You have a 80 gig drive with 60 gigs free. That is a good amount of space clear.
If you are having no low free space errors I would not be to worried about the hard drive for now. How is the system running and are you keeping the temp files cleaned up along with defragging the system regularly?

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Memory should be fine once that is installed. GREAT

Any virtual memory errors will be gone at that point and should not return. I haven't been low on VM since I received this PC several months ago. I've been very careful in my movements and clicks.

Hard drive space is something that you will have to decide on. You had plenty of Hard drive space from the beginning and i just rechecked the log. You have a 80 gig drive with 60 gigs free. That is a good amount of space clear. Good to hear.

If you are having no low free space errors I would not be to worried about the hard drive for now. How is the system running and are you keeping the temp files cleaned up along with defragging the system regularly? Overall, the system runs really good, thanks to you and Runner. I work all the tools you gave me, almost on a daily bases, but it depends on what I do on a daily bases.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
NEVER MIND !!!

Edited by simplee55, 09 December 2009 - 06:28 PM.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

I really need your HELP.

I did the UNINSTALL of AVAST as I stated in the post above this one, thru the REVO Tool and deleted 279 files/folders of Avast, I thought.

After the deletion, REVO said that the rest of the Registry items on my system would be deleted after I did a RESTART. I restarted and after I came back up on my Desktop, there was AVAST still in my Systems Tray; then

I did MSCONFIG and RUN, then to the SERVICES tab where I unchecked the remainder of AVAST. Well, it said if I was not the Administer, I could not do this task, so it wouldn't let me.

So I went over to Avast's website to REINSTALL and after the install there was a box that said UNINSTALL and I said NO uninstall, the function proceeded and after that said that I could not reinstall.

So as it is now, I'm left with no ANTIVIRUS program on my system.

Should I go to Avast's website and let them troubleshoot this or what???
:)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you searched the programs directory to see if there is any remnants of Avast left?
Have you gone to Add\Remove Programs to see if there is anything there for Avast?

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Have you searched the programs directory to see if there is any remnants of Avast left? Yes, I always do that.

Have you gone to Add\Remove Programs to see if there is anything there for Avast? Yes, did that too.

I went over to CNET and did the reinstall and it took, BUT, it's still not giving me the original INTERFACE I got when I first downloaded the program.

Something is making changes on this PC that I'm NOT making, I don't know what it could be, don't understand.

Edited by simplee55, 08 December 2009 - 05:36 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I;m not sure what interface you are seeing but if you can open it up and get a screenshot then I can probably help you. There are two interfaces by default and it's possible the interface has changed for what they actually use as their Default one. It may be as simple as changing that, but I would like to see what you are seeing if you could please.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
NEVER MIND !!!

Edited by simplee55, 09 December 2009 - 06:29 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It looks like the default settings is the simple interface. I belieeve you ened to go into Settings and in there should be a Interface option. Change it to the other option and it should return to the one you are use to.
I'm sorry for taking so long to get back but I'm not feeling good so I apologize if I don't make sense right now.