Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

security tool / safe mode networking

• Please log in to reply

gb5588

gb5588

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a problem, my laptop got the security tool virus and I found some information to get rid of it but did not work. I was able to start into windows normally but not go online. Through task manager I made it so I would go into windows through networking but that had never worked through F8 (none of those worked at. all the F8 options would not work, it would take me to foreign gobblygook 2 lines worth) I need to change the safemode with networking option I did through task manager and go in a back door or something then I can boot normally and deal with security tool by saving my settings and doing a recovery restore. Please any help or advice but remember I can’t boot any F8 safe mode options or any way to boot windows from F8 or any other way.
thanks

Edited by gb5588, 03 November 2009 - 01:41 PM.

Advertisements