Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 (7600) Boot Problem

• Please log in to reply

Normanings

Normanings

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi guys, i recieved windows 7 after i pre ordered it online. installed it to my dell inspiron 1520 - which had vista on it

The thing is, i have a boot problem.

In the top left corner there is a little grey bar (the size of a minus sign) before it boots to a cd.

when i install win 7, it boots up fine, to the last stage when i enter my username and computer name etc... after that, when it boots, the flashing bar stays there and it fails to boot past that stage after finishing setup. it used to run vista, but on trying to install vista again it blue screens half way through setup.

The windows 7 RC workeds though before

there is no error, just the flashy bar thingie
HELP!!

Edited by Normanings, 10 November 2009 - 02:24 PM.

Advertisements

Normanings

Normanings

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
anyone? i jsust installed the RC again, and it works!

why cant i get 7600 to work

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
How are you installing the final build? Are you upgrading from the release candidate or are you doing a clean install?

Normanings

Normanings

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i have tried both. the RC works, but clean installing the final version, or upgrading the RC, just fails again