Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Financial Software: Does Mac Cut It?

• Please log in to reply

Juan2Geek

Juan2Geek

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have used Macs as part of my work and play for years. I stand behind them. Ma and Windows machines surround me in my office and I am typing this on a Mac. But in the area of tax and bookkeeping, I have researcheed, dabbled and got timid and bought only Windows: Quickbooks and TurboTax. Is that still the case or am I paranoid?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi Juan2Geek and welcome to Geeks to Go.

What specifically are you asking?

Turbotax is available for Mac. It has been for quite some time.
If you are asking about virus's and malware, it is a known fact that Macs are not targeted like MS products.

With that said, if the windows system is updated and patched and you have virus and malware scanners updated and are run, then you will be fine.
What you download and click on also needs to be looked at. Don't just click on anything.