Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MALWARE: Antivirus System Pro on Dell Inspiron with Vista

• Please log in to reply

tk_lippincott

tk_lippincott

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron desktop PC that is just over 1 year old.

I'm on this forum using my laptop because Antivirus System Pro has completely hijacked my desktop PC.

I'm getting all of the typical symptoms of this malware.

I can't use IE, Task Manager or just about any other program.

I downloaded almost all of the programs recommended in the "Malware-Spyware Cleaning Guide" on my laptop and transferred them to my desktop pc by memory stick.

The results are as follows:

I ran TFC. The run screen was no more than a flicker.

I was unable to run System Restore Point. I receive the error "Application cannot be executed. The file sysrestorepoint.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?" (or refers to the file dllhost.exe).

Erunt would not run.

AntiMalware won't run.

RootRepeal won't run.

I can't download OTL on my laptop to run on my desktop.

I've read almost a half a dozen threads on removing this nasty piece of work, and they all seem to take a different approach, all of which look pretty involved.

I've been trying to clean this Malware off of my desktop for the last 6 hours.

I don't want to spend the remaining half a day wandering thru more procedures that show no positive result.

I'm somewhat computer savvy, but this one has got me completely stumped.

Can someone help?

Where do I start?

Please help me. This is the "family PC" and I'm getting ugly stares because no one can check their Facebook or MySpace! :)

Advertisements