Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AntiVirus System Pro & No Internet & IE, AVG Won't Open. H

• Please log in to reply

1000fx4u

1000fx4u

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank You For Your Assistance!

I had AntiVirus System Pro. I think I removed it but I have lingering problems. So far I have identified these problems:
1) Internet Explorer won't open
2) web pages that are saved on my computer will not open. Every time I try to open 1 I get an error message: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Documents and Settings\...file name.
3) My AVG antivirus software GUI won't open
4) Microsoft Outlook will not connect to the internet (I think it is being blocked) and I am unable to get online using Internet Explorer

I followed your instructions on "Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic" but neither Rootrepeal nor SysRestorePoint would run.

...and I have run the following programs on my computer without success:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Super Anti-Spyware
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
CCleaner
Ad-Aware
A Squared

Attached you will find my OTL.txt report.

Thank you for your help.

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.Txt   162.69KB   296 downloads

Advertisements

1000fx4u

1000fx4u

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think I solved the problem. I ran WinsockxpFix.exe and it restored my internet connection. Then I uninstalled AVG Anti-virus software and all is back to normal.

If you see any problems in my OTL file please let me know. There may still be something lurking.

Thank You.