Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD on new laptop

• Please log in to reply

akte

akte

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I had my new notebook for under 24hrs and it already blue screened on me. I have installed Skype, Pidgin, Firefox and iTunes. I got a code 50. I've attached a zip of the minidump file. If someone can give me an idea of why, I'd really appreciate it. This is a replacement notebook for one that I had for 6 days that blue screened 18 times on me, so I'm a little nervous it's going to do the same again. It's been running the past three days without blue screening, but I'm still nervous. It's running Vista, if that helps.

Thanks
Kate

Attached Files

Edited by akte, 20 December 2009 - 06:10 AM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I had my new notebook for under 24hrs

Your ONLY SMART choice of action is to bring it back to the store.

akte

akte

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Broni.

Unfortunately I purchased it online so I can't just take it back to a store. To get a refund I need to send it back to the manufacturers and they need to give me a certificate stating it is faulty before the website will refund me, which is why I was hoping to do a bit of checking on it myself before I sent it back, just in case it was any software that is causing the issue.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I understand your position, but if that thing BSOD on you in first 24 hours, what's going to happen 1, 2, 6 months from now, or when warranty expires? You don't want to get stuck with a lemon, do you?