Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Green Wallpaper Malware

• Please log in to reply

HaloBlu

HaloBlu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I started with the "green wallpaper" malware, which deleted my mbam.exe file and stopped other antimalwares I tried to run. It also stopped the System Restore and Run tools. I booted Windows from the original CD and set my registry back to its original settings, then tried to go back in (via CD) and select a new system restore point (more recent), and now there's a password prompt where none existed before. I tried pressing ENTER, then tried various passwords, but nothing is working. Now the system is in a continuous reboot cycle. There's a fake-looking errormsg about a password, then the system reboots again, with or without the CD in the drive.

Unless someone knows the password the malware is using, I don't know what to do besides re-imaging and starting over, or burning the PC in the back yard? Any ideas/help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisements