Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - TCPIP.SYS

• Please log in to reply

lica

lica

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys and firstly a merry xmas to you all.

Recently I have been getting random BSOD erros with no warning, now from what little time I have when this happens I manage to pick out something regarding tcpip.sys being the cause of the error. I have browsed forums, internet pages and the like with no real resolve, so am putting my sanity in the hands of you folks :)

From what I have gathered on other topics i have seen that you require all the files in my minidump folder, so I pre-emtively attach these in the hope that someone may be able to help me :)

Thanks in advance

Attached Files

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Unfortunately the minidump data only makes sense to Microsoft's error-reporting service where the data goes when a serious error occurs (unless you turned error-reporting off).

The rest of us have to rely on error messages and symptoms reported by the user. You probably have Windows set to "restart automatically" when a serious error occurs because that's the default setting. The problem is, you don't get enough time to read the full error screen before Windows restarts.

Disable that option and the next time a BSOD is triggered it will stay on screen. Post everything it says (tcpip.sys is only part of the error message).