Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intenet Security 2010 infection

• Please log in to reply

terryco

terryco

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I have an Acer Aspire T180-1972 pc running Vista 32. I have picked up a nasty virus masquerading as a anti spyware application called Internet Security 2010. I must of got it downloading some free games. I have Googled it and it comes bundled with free software and you dont get asked if you want it. I did a scan with Avg and it showed nothing. Malwarebytes found trojans and deleted them but it kept returning It cannot be turned off from the taskbar and i got bombarded with messages that i need to do a full scan with Internet Security and then purchase the programme. when i tried Systemn restore a box came up with the message unable to do a restore because its infected. I got the same message in msconfig startups Task manager had greyed so i could not close it down. I downloaded something called Rkill.com as advised from a site and installed it on my laptop because i cannot get an internet connection on my pc, and put that on a memory stick but before i could install it the pc as now gone totaly mad if i try safe mode with or without networking all i get now is installing updates from microsoft do not turn your pc off. Nothing installs and the pc just restarts and the same thing happens over again. I never got a backup disc with the pc. The only way i know how to un and reinstall the OS software is from Acer recovery in programmes but i cannot get to it. Is it possible to do a systemn or os restore from the bios or turn off the updates I can no longer start the pc without the same loop Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

Advertisements