Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good Free Anti-Spyware, and Anti-Malware Programs?

• Please log in to reply

mgold

mgold

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Can anyone suggest good Free Anti-Spyware and Anti-Malware Programs for Macs? Most of the good online free software I know of is for Windows. Most of them dont' have Mac Versions. I was wondering if there are good ones for Macs that are put out?

Advertisements

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Hey mgold.

I would recommend you check out this article on antivirus programs for Macs:

http://antivirus.abo...tp/aamacvir.htm

Have a read through the options and choose one based on the reviews and your needs.

Let me know which one you pick and if you have any further questions. :)

arekdaset

arekdaset

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Your not going to need any of that unless your Processor is Intel based and your sharing Windows through Parallels, Bootcamp or Virtual PC. If you have a PPC processor I wouldn't stress it. :)

Joseph1

Joseph1

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Can anyone suggest good Free Anti-Spyware and Anti-Malware Programs for Macs? Most of the good online free software I know of is for Windows. Most of them dont' have Mac Versions. I was wondering if there are good ones for Macs that are put out?

Hi you can try to use ProteMac NetMine.It’s firewall for Mac.It’s tool protects against viruses.It's helps me a lot.It's paid,but demo version as free.

Edited by Joseph1, 01 March 2010 - 09:53 AM.

chanchalseo

chanchalseo

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Anti-malware programs take care of spyware. Malware is a universal term for trojans, spyware, adware, and worms. You can apply as many spyware scanners as you wish for.