Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malwarebytes no longer works and reinstall

• Please log in to reply

i should've bought a mac

i should've bought a mac

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I've recently got some kind of virus or malware or something and now my malwarebytes doesn't work. When i got to the mbam program folder there is not mbam.exe file for the computer to run. When I try reinstalling the program, everything installs except the mbam.exe file. I get a error code saying that setup could not find the corresponding file. I've tried hijackthis but it really doesnt fix anything. I've looked at other post ut they seem pretty specific to the user's computer. I need some help fixing my computer.
I want MBAM back!!

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Can you do any of the programs in

http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html

Post any logs you get.

Ron

i should've bought a mac

i should've bought a mac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
problem solved....

yo I should get a job as entry computer-tech, using hijackthis and combofix logs I was able to find out what files were infected, created a dummy text file of each infected file, and changed the extension of the original infected file, restarted the computer, got some error messages related to the infected files (no big deal). was then able to install malwarebytes and then mbam did the rest of the clean-up. I don't see alot of people suggesting this option, but i've done it before and it works everytime. now considering your problem or operating system this may not work but it's definitely something worth considering.
SOMEBODY GET THE WORD OUT. dummy files mane, dummy files