Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issue with SL

• Please log in to reply

Meboubou

Meboubou

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hey, my friend finaly convinced me to try out Second Life, but I can't seem to get it working, and the SL support team was euhm.. not very useful. When installing, it takes forever to 'check network connexion' and once installed, it simply crashes. I tryed snbowglobe as well, and that makes it as far as the login page, can't acess SL. It feels like it just can't connect itself to internet. I've check my firewall, and cleaned out my DNS cache, but no results.

My theory was that SL has been completely blocked in China... So I tried HiPiHi which is the Chinese version of SL.. but I get the same problem.. Anyone has a theory as to why this is happening? It could be that my ISP decided to block those games because of server slowdowns (which wouldn't surprise me) but then again, maybe theres a simple answer....

Advertisements