Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox will not open new window

• Please log in to reply

RedMustang

RedMustang

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a MacBook Pro and I am not able to open a new window or tab in Firefox by using the "+" sign to the right of my current window tab. I am not able to open a window using the new tab/page button on my navigation tool bar. I must have some type of a virus. I downloaded an add-on which I think may have been causing some of the problems based on other posts I have read. I have since deleted it, but I am still having intermittent issues. And my other add-ons, like Fast-dial, which worked fine before, are not working now. Is there a way to check on whether an add-on is compatible or not before I install it? I didn't think Mac's got viruses.

Advertisements

artm12

artm12

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hello

Have you tried running in Mozilla Safe Mode? It may be a troubleshooting mode which will run with default theme and with all extensions disabled. If the problem clears up under Safe Mode, you'll know the problem is with a theme or extension.

Thanks
artm12 :)

RedMustang

RedMustang

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Probably a dumb question, but how do I run Firefox in safe mode?