How to fix Google Redirects

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

MindWalk

MindWalk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
The first safety step in the first post in this thread is to go to http://aumha.org/freeware/freeware.php and download ERUNT. But the information there specifically says that ERUNT isn't for Vista (misspelled "Vistra"), if I'm reading it right. What should I use with Vista? And are this thread's directions for Aleuron (Alureon?) removal applicable to a system running Vista Home Premium?

Advertisements

Jimmy5227

Jimmy5227

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It looks like a lot of effort was put into this thread and I appreciate that, but, as I try to follow the intructions about copying the files for OTM and pasting them on one side and tell it to move to the other, it instantly opens a window telling me the system has been instructed to shut down and does so in 60 seconds. There is no way for me to copy the information in the "moved to" window and when the system shuts down it goes black (almost) with the exception of the cursor and nothing happens, at all. I have to reboot. Now I'm getting two error messages when the system reboots.. Windows cannot find 'C:\DOCUME~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dwm.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again...etc.

Anyone have any ideas? Also, I still have the redirect problem, but I'm going to try some of the other solutions listed.

royandbridge

royandbridge

• Pip
  • 3 posts
thank you so much for helping god bless you

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
@Jimmy5227 if you are still having problems then make a new thread in the malware forum

Sal_B

Sal_B

• Pip
  • 9 posts
after following your directions, at the end of the scan for tdsskiller I get C:windows/system32/drivers/ndis.sys....... processing error. So I realize it is not curing the issue. What else can I do, I have posted in the malware removal forum and posted all the logs. anyother suggestions????

Sal_B

Sal_B

• Pip
  • 9 posts
my os is vista and i downloaded the file and it ran just fine.

buddha11

buddha11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This took care of my problem immediately. Thank you very much. this site rocks!

MindWalk

MindWalk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I'm pretty sure I have the Alureon virus--at some point, a virus scan detected it but could only partially remove it--and I went through the various steps in the pinned thread on How to Fix Google Redirects, so that I've run or have icons on my desktop for MBAM, gmer, ERUNT, NTREGOPT, OTL, OTM, GooredFix Backups, and TDSSKiller; but still, I can't run Windows Update (error code 80072EFD) and I'm getting Google redirects. (I'm not sure why they're called "Google" redirects; I get redirected to google-analytics and to gugle, but also to epoclick and to various sites selling products.) What should I do now?

Keith

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Please create a topic in the malware forum for further assistance :D

fatboy2000

fatboy2000

• Pip
  • 1 posts
thanx a million,I've been fighting this web page redirect problem for 2 weeks!!

Advertisements

Chrisrou

Chrisrou

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I made an account just to thank you Rorschach112 for this great guide. I spent the whole day trying to remove this problem myself without any luck. I tried your guide and it worked first try. Thanks so much, man. You guys here are doing something great and I'm grateful.

joheffel

joheffel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Excellent instructions. I fought with this Google redirect for more than a week and each time the machine was cleaned only to have the Google redirect spawn anew. I followed these instructions to the letter and pow, wham, biff I got it . I was all smiles when I saw the scan detect that Rootkit file and delete it.

Thank you for providing the tools necessary to make the repair, you guys are great.

WoozyB

WoozyB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I too made an account just to say thanks for the guide! I thought I tried tdsskiller before, but all the steps here actually helped in eliminating the problem!

Keep up the good work.

rayman79

rayman79

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
hi this is my log from the otm scan

All processes killed
========== FILES ==========
< ipconfig /flushdns /c >
Windows IP Configuration
Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
C:\Users\Glen W\Downloads\cmd.bat deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Glen W\Downloads\cmd.txt deleted successfully.
========== COMMANDS ==========
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts moved successfully.
HOSTS file reset successfully

[EMPTYTEMP]

User: All Users

User: Default

User: Default User

User: Glen W

User: glenn

User: Public

%systemdrive% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32 .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32\drivers .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
Windows Temp folder emptied: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temp folder emptied: 20986243 bytes
%systemroot%\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 80401498 bytes
%systemroot%\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment folder emptied: 84903 bytes
RecycleBin emptied: 0 bytes

Total Files Cleaned = 97.00 mb

Error creating restore point.

OTM by OldTimer - Version 3.1.17.2 log created on 12232010_085100

Files moved on Reboot...
File C:\Windows\temp\fla272B.tmp not found!
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YTH6F85D\pyv_watch_request_ad[1].htm moved successfully.
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\COZIFSKR\search[5].txt moved successfully.
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8X0W21AP\ads[2].txt moved successfully.

Registry entries deleted on Reboot...

thanks

Kenny T

Kenny T

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I followed the instructions posted here and have fixed my google redirects, however, it only works for a day or so and the same problem came back. Please help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.