Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

merge 2 excel spreadsheet books

• Please log in to reply

denileed

denileed

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need to merge several excel files together and create a master file. I have everything in multiple excel files because it won't all fit in one. I need to merge it all together and find entries that match from file 1 and file 2. Is there a way to merge several spreadsheets together if they are very large? More importantly, I want to find out if there is a way to find entries from file 1 and file 2 and create a database of ONLY those entries that are on file 1 AND file 2. Can I do this without manually sorting?

Advertisements

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hello denileed,

Are all the Workbooks structured the same? (all the columns match, etc?)

When you say they are too large to fit in one file what version of Excel are you using? Prior to Excel 2007, the maximum number of rows per worksheet was 65,000. Does your data exceed that limit?

Are trying to match a certain column or several when you refer to comparing entries between file 1 and file 2?

Sincerely,

dm