Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP antispyware 2010 virus problem

• Please log in to reply

Everyone82

Everyone82

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Ok, so I recently had a problem with a program that just popped up that was made to look like a spyware search, among other things. it was called antispyware xp 2010 or something similar to that. I ran malwarebytes in safe mode which updated fine and it found around 10 infected files. I removed them, or 7 of them, the rest on reboot. Now however, my computer doesn't have aim startup like it normally does and every program I click on asks me which program I would like to use to open it. Which I then have to search the ahrd drive for the same program I clicked on and use that. Did I seriously mess something up? Anyway I can fix this? Please help if you can. Thank you.

Advertisements