Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Autorun help please

• Please log in to reply

Jufro

Jufro

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, im new here and i learned how to make an autorun bat or inf file. I was just wondering if someone could help me auto open an emulator, then open a rom from the emulator (but if the emultors already open, it doesnt open another emulator, just the rom). Also how would i make it so the save files / configuration files save to their My Documents folder? Please help :)

Advertisements

TheBug

TheBug

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Things you want go outside the scope of a simple autorun file. It requires creating a Windows program.

Jufro

Jufro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:) erm... i dont know how... could you help? or is there a simpler solution?

TheBug

TheBug

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Lets think. You want to a particular ROM from CD ROM autorun when inserted. This leads to 2 possibilities -
1. The emulator program is on CD ROM
2. The emulator program is installed on hard disk and associated with ROM files.

If emulator EXE is on CD ROM, then it will run only when you insert CD. So emulator cannot be already running. And so we do not need to close previously running ROM.

If emulator EXE is installed on hard disk, and associated with ROM files then just give command using start. For example, if you have a ROM file on CD (driver letter D:) D:\roms\acetennis.sfc, then just give command:
start roms\acetennis.sfc
The SFC file extenson (or whatever else it is) must be associated with your emulator program for this to work. But hey, what if emulator is already running? We have to shut it down first. Let us assume the emulator file name is zsenes.exe we can give command :
taskkill /f /im zsenes.exe
So our final command becomes :
taskkill /f /im zsenes.exe
ping 127.0.0.1 > NUL
start roms\acetennis.sfc

Okay what about storing configuration files in My Documents. Well it depends on the particular emulator program. Find out in the settings if it can be done. I know in ZSENES you cannot do it and the configuration file is stored in the same folder as the emulator program itself. But since it is a open source program written in C++, you can get the source code and modify it yourself. If you know good C++, that is. If you do not ask a friend who does.

These ideas should get you started in the right direction.

Shedo Chung-Hee Surashu

Shedo Chung-Hee Surashu

• Pip
  • 2 posts

:) erm... i dont know how... could you help? or is there a simpler solution?

Try learning AutoIt, you'll obviously get somewhere with it. :)