Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with TrayApp

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not to worry with Wannabe1 we will get this resolved one way or another. Wannabe1 what about running the program you suggested in Safe Mode?

Advertisements

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks guys! I was wondering too, if maybe I just disconnect from my home network, I am all wireless here. One of HP solutions was to reset the modem and router which I have done several times. I have never attempted the install while not connected to the home network or in safe mode. I will wait for your reply before moving forward.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try Wannabe1's step in Safe mode and that way no network files are in use. :thumbsup:

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Well it didn't work, seconds after beginning the install this message appears "error c: users\AppData\local\temp\7zS615E\..\blocksysuserinstall.ex.... What on earth does this mean? It happened while attempting the installation in regular mode too.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK got something that may finally help rid you of this issue. Wannabe1 found this and asked me to try and talk you through it.
The instructions are included HERE in the first post. I have the page bookmarked and will explain anything that you may not understand. :thumbsup:

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
OK, I think you may have found it!!!! Let me first start out by saying I'm fairly good with my machine, but not that good... so I will need some serious guidance. I will be waiting for your reply. :bashhead:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK where are you stuck at?

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Pretty much from the beginning, as I was reading I was kind of going "do what now?" I'm not sure where to start. So if you could be so kind as to step me through from the start, I would appreciate it. It's 6:30 my time right now and I've got to get something to eat, I will be back in about an hour or less, will you still be here? :popcorn:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is the part we need to be concerned with.

I noticed the path the installer was searching for blocksysuserinstall.exe is fixed for my package: 7zS3C24 under %temp%, yet the extraction software generated a random folder with name format 7zxxxxx in %temp% . Had to rename the random directory in %temp% to follow the path the installer was set to use, namely 7zS3C24.

First you need to find the folder he mentions and see if there is a folder with the random numbers starting with 7z.
Let me know if you have trouble locating it.
It should be in the main C drive.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sorry guys...got called away on business. My apologies.

What's happening, maryisme, is that one of the files that are being extracted and stored in the system temp folder for installation is named differently than the file name the installer program is looking for. We need to fix that.

Click the Start orb and type %temp% in the Search field. The system temp (Temp) folder should appear at the top of the search results...open that folder. Scroll to near the bottom of the folder contents and see if there is a file or folder with a name that start with "7z". Once you find that, rename it 7zS615E and then see if the installation will complete.

Advertisements

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
OK, here's a question, I have 5 files that start with 7zS
7zS60BC
7zS2F94
255B
4 of which were created today and yesterday and one that was created on May31st which is when I first knew I had a problem. Which one should I rename or does it matter?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Rename the most recent one.

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
This is ridiculous, renaming the file actually worked, which is very cool, the installation got as far as it's has ever got. Now, it cannot find my printer. so I went in the back door to install the printer though the devices and printer "add a printer" through the conmputer and it added just the printing portion, by doing that I know the printer is communicating with the printer, now during the full install, the part where it is supposed to find the printer comes up empty. I'M SO CLOSE! Naturally it wants me to hook it up with a USB and naturally I don't have it. I think I am going to restart, clean it up again (Uninstall) and hope for the best. I am going to take this back up in the morning, I'm too irritated tonight. You guys have been great! and if we get this thing running, I will be making a nice donation, there is no doubt about it. I will check back in the AM. wish me luck...I think I hate HP right now

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Personally I would uninstall any printer you have installed. Has the printer always been installed using a parallel cable or was it installed using a USB cable?
I would suggest doing a fresh install of the printer after getting rid of everything that is installed now as it may be causing a conflict trying o figure out what the default printer is.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
HP printers are notoriously picky about being installed using a USB cable. When using the "Add a Printer" feature in Windows, try installing the printer as a Network Printer rather than a Local Printer.