Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

avgroupwebsite.com viurs

• Please log in to reply

traveler309

traveler309

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a huge virus problem and am hoping you can help. My laptop is infected. Whenever I start up Windows, I get a "Security Warning" pop-up in the middle of the screen. It says, "Application cannot be executed. The file ---.exe (this changes) is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?" If I close it or click on "no," it just reappears. It blocks everything I try to do. I can't open the task manager, run my anti-malware programs, etc. If I click on "yes," it takes me to avgroupwebsite.com. I also get an "Antivirus Software alert" saying there is an infiltration, as a pop-up in the bottom right corner of the screen, and I also get a "Windows Security Alert," saying that windows reports that the computer is infected.

I read in a forum to try pressing ctrl alt dlt at startup, and maybe getting the task manager up before the malware takes hold. I was able to do this, and ended all of the .exe files that I didn't recognize. This stopped the pop-ups and I was able to run malwarebytes, superantispy, the microsoft malware remover and avast. All reported the computer clean. But when I restarted it, the problem was still there! Ugh!!!

Any suggestions??? Thank you so much.

Advertisements

traveler309

traveler309

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay. I have some new information. I found that the file that may be causing all the pop-up warnings is evxesftav.exe. Anyone know what that is? And how to get rid of it?
Thanks!