Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista login start with an error that I don't understand. Pls help

• Please log in to reply

sad afternoon

sad afternoon

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Please fix my vista error when I logon windows
The date 5.3.2010, I started my laptop (HP dv5T with vista x64 Windows – Home Premium). Before going to the welcome screen, a small dialog box appeared with the content below:
LogonUI.exe - Bad Image
C:\Windows\System32\adsldpc.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
I must click 4-5 times for close it for getting the desktop.
And this dialog will be appear again after I turn off (shutdown) the laptop, as similarly as starting the computer.
In the progress I use computer, I still see another dialog box with the content below:
Virtual Disk Service stopped working and was closed
A problem caused the application to stop working correctly.
Windows will notify you if a solution is available
Please help me fix these errors. thank you very much.

And
To do this, I click Start, click All Programs , click Accessories , right-click Command Prompt , and then click Run as administrator . If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Post back the result.

I Follow the way you instruct me but everything I got, is the picture like this link:
Posted Image
I dont understand the above information image.

and then I type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc/scanboot
Posted Image

Edited by sad afternoon, 13 March 2010 - 12:34 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
  • Since the command "sfc/scanboot" is not a valid command, sfc simply displayed the parameters that would be valid.

• Attach the "c:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log" file to your next post.