Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backdoor.Tidserv!inf

• Please log in to reply

Venium

Venium

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Norton identified backdoor.tidserv!inf in C:windows\system32\drivers\nvstor32.sys and in browser cache on March 28, 2010 during a scheduled full system scan. We noticed explorer started to run searches in the background on the same day. Norton could not remove it (not safe to remove). I removed restore points, cleared explorer cache and opened computer in safe mode. Nothing showing with Norton while computer in safe mode. Restarted and ran Norton quick scan again and virus still in same location. I Re-established restore point. I followed the steps in your geekstogo malware_removal_guide and have attached the requested files MBAM, GMER (ark), OLT and EXTRAs. The only exception is that I ran Norton for step 2 virus scan. Virus still showed after running MBAM
I hope someone can assist me with this.

Attached Files

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Venium-

Hi and Welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Please post a new thread in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal Forums. A trained technician will be able to help you with your problem.

Venium

Venium

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
how do you 'post a new thread in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal Forums'. When we try to post a new topic under this forum it states that this is disabled

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE and click on the New Topic button in upper right corner.
Attach required logs.

Venium

Venium

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
when we do so it provides the following error,

Board Message
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
Sorry, this forum is read only. You do not have permission to start a topic. Looking for virus/malware removal help? Click here!.

You are not logged in, you may log in below
Your account username

Your account password

and when we log in select new topic the following error comes up

Board Message
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
Sorry, this forum is read only. You do not have permission to start a topic. Looking for virus/malware removal help? Click here!.

You are not logged in, you may log in below
Your account username

Your account password

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I will let an admin know about this

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hi Venium, there's only one way you can get that error message. Trying to start a new topic in the Malware Removal Guides and Tutorials forum. Since that forum is for malware removal guides, it restricted to only staff members.

The forum you want is right above it, Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal.

Venium

Venium

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
thank you as we were able to repost this. I appreciate your patience with us.