Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost my vista.. went to xp.. want vista back

• Please log in to reply

xmystical1

xmystical1

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I was trying to do a system recovery with the disks provided with the purchase of my Asus laptop.

It could not read my driver disks that is asked for and so i went to take the disk out, and turn off the machine in hopes to get it into the shop.. when all of a sudden.. it started downloading windows xp home with no disk.

This may not be a miracle, but to someone with my knowledge, it sure it. Anyhow, i would like my Vista back. How do i get it back? I paid for a laptop with Vista on it, i never got an actual disk dedicated strickly to Vista install so i am confused. It has the product key on the bottom and a pretty little sticker by the key board that says "windows Vista"

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Manufactured and supported by:
ASUSTek Computers Inc.
F80S
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU
P8400 @ 2.26GHz
2.27 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM

Hope that helped. and thank you in advance for your help.
Mystic

Advertisements