Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading Microsoft Word, Excel

• Please log in to reply

kkkatrina

kkkatrina

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have Office 2003 and am trying to upgrade to 2007 Home and Student edition. When I try installing the upgrade from cd, it comes up with error 1311: Can't find source file D:\sku113.CAB. What should I do?

Advertisements

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hello kkkatrina,

Welcome to GeeksToGo....

I've found several search hits for that error. A couple notes from those hits:
  • What Operating System are you running? If XP, you will need to have at least SP2 installed.
  • Do you have your Office 2003 Discs? If so, you may try to insert the 2003 disk in after receiving the error.
  • Another suggestion was to copy the entire Office 2007 package to your desktop and run the installation from there.

As always, let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

dm

kkkatrina

kkkatrina

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
1.I have XP..Tried installing the SP2 after 1st time it didn't work...Didn't help, same error?

2. Don't have original 2003 disc ;-(

3. How do I copy it to desktop from CD?

Thanks!!

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hi kkkatrina,

Here are the Microsoft Office 2007 install requirements.
Since you don't have SP2, this still might not work, and since you don't have the original Office 2003 disc I don't want to suggest uninstalling the software either.

Quick question first, if you go the Control Panel and then open up the Add or Remove Programs, do you see Office 2007 listed?

To copy the Office 2007 CD contents, please do the following:
  • Create a folder named Office 2007 on your desktop
  • Insert the Office 2007 CD, and stop the auto installation process.
  • Right-click the Start button and choose Explore and then click on your DVD-CD drive to view the contents.
  • Go to the Edit menu and choose Select All.
  • Then go back to Edit, choose Copy to Folder and find your Office 2007 folder, and click "Copy" in the Copy Items window.
  • Once the files are all copied over, you can remove the CD and then browse the Office 2007 folder for the setup.exe file. Click on the file and follow the prompts.

The goal of course is for a successful installation.

kkkatrina

kkkatrina

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I DO have SP2 but it still did the same error code when installing?

I copied to folder and tried to install that way and it gave me error code 1309 but with the same D:/sku113.CAB

I looked under control panel and it has Office Update 2007 is that correct?

kkkatrina

kkkatrina

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oh and it did some blue screen thing to and said BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER???

SOOOOOOO LOST and Need this to work so I can get my work in Ughhhh

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hi kkkatrina,

Hmm, that certainly was not expected...and working through blue screen errors are bit out of my element.

Were you able to resart your computer at all?

I would suggestion you start a new topic under the Windows XP, 2000, 2003, NT sub-forum and describe this error. In addition, you may want to give a link back to this topic so the Tech will know what has occured so far.

dm

Mikeme

Mikeme

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
If all else fails, there`s always Open Office, free office suite compatible with Microsoft office, found here: http://www.openoffice.org/index.html Also, a little tutorial/explanation of Open Office, and how to save your Open Office files as Microsoft Office files, found here: http://www.mydigital...office-formats/

Edited by Mikeme, 21 April 2010 - 12:00 PM.