Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot open enything else than Internet or Virus Scan programs

• Please log in to reply

finpure

finpure

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HELP! a Month ago my computer was working just fine and next day (didnt make the post right away, thought someone could help)....it's not. Every time I try to open a folder (my documents, pictures, etc.), or right click and icon or run a program from my start menu I get a pop up window that says "Explorer.exe - Class not registered." I can use the internet
just fine but can't access any files from folders.
and ive even downloaded some programs that people say are helpful, they dont work because when i have downloaded and try to open em from mozilla firefox "downloads" i cant doube click to open em or when i right click and try to press "open" its gray... and when i put my computer on i get like 20 errors (from all the programs that windows try to open at the beginning) and all scans are availabe also (virus scans, internets only abailable to open) oh and, i think its worth to mention that formating isnt an option and there are rarely some other errors but based on the same thing... I've run virus scans and they say my computer isn't infected but what do I do?

Edited by finpure, 24 April 2010 - 04:56 PM.

Advertisements

kristain

kristain

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
You can try this it may solve your problem Start > Click Run & type:
regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll
Click OK.
If it doesn't help, then its quite possible that your ExplorerFrame.dll may have been corrupted and that you may have to be replace it with a 'good' one.

finpure

finpure

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, i did try it but it didnt help... if its corrupted how do i fix it?? do i really have to format my computer?? since i cant find the CD's enymore...