Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7 only prints 1 copy to network printers

• Please log in to reply

RjBass

RjBass

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I am not sure if it belongs in the Windows 7 forum or the networking forum. Please feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.

I am having a weird issue with Windows 7 and my network printers. I have a small home network consisting of 2 Win 7 machines and 3 Win XP machines. I also have two networked printers. 1 is shared through one of the Win XP computers and the other is hardwired into the network with it's own IP address.

When sending a print job to either printer, when I tell either printer to print more then one copy of the document, if in XP it will perform the job just fine, but when on one of the Win 7 computers, it only prints 1 copy, no matter how many copies I tell it to print. I have searched for a solution to the problem, but have come up with nothing. Any ideas? Both the printers are older HP laserjets.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
The printer driver may be the problem - it may not be entirely compatible with Windows 7 if the printer (or rather it's driver) was released a long time ago. Check on the HP website to see if there is an updated driver for that printer model.
http://welcome.hp.co...me.html#Support

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 22 June 2010 - 01:55 PM.

RjBass

RjBass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Ya actually I figured out the issue. It is a couple settings in the printer properties that are set by default when the drivers are installed.

I can't remember exactly what the settings are right now as I am not in front the the pc'c in question, but I will drop a line here with the solution when I get back home.