Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus Here Please Help

• Please log in to reply

insidesdrawn

insidesdrawn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello All. I am new here and recently bumped into your site by looking up a security issue that Adobe Flash Player Security pointed out. It stated

" Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation. The Following local application on your computer network [object] is trying to communicate with this internet-enabled location: player.cdn.targetspot.com To let this application communicate with the internet, click settings. You must restart the application after changing your settings."

Now I am not sure that has anything really to do with my particular issue as it has been affecting my computer for the past few days. I currently use Google Chrome as my web browser and have not had any issues with it until recently. I noticed that when I click on pages I will get a "google cannot open this page" message constantly. I also noticed that when I go to some websites my Flash player seems not to work. ie. www.billboard.com I get to that page and all I can see is the top of the page but if I click on anything it will not show any text or anything on the page. I also seem to notice that occasionally especially while on myspace.com that when I click a link it pulls up a blank tab in my browswer while on the original tab it goes to the link I clicked on. I thought to try other browsers ie. internet explorer and mozilla firefox but they all seem to have the same problem. I am starting to wonder if there is something attacking my adobe flash and causing all this unloadable pages.

I decided to remove an anti virus program about a few months ago that was causing issues with my computer before. However with these issues popping up I just downloaded the free version of Spyware Doctore and anti virus.

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,

Advertisements